|East Park Fun Day 2012
East Park RDA Group is a member group of Riding for the Disabled, and has charitable status
in its own right.
For more than 40 years, Riding for the Disabled has been delivering opportunities for therapy,
achievement and enjoyment to people with disabilities. Founded as a National Organisation in 1969 RDA now has over 500
Member Groups across the UK - together these Groups help 28,000 people take part in riding, carriage driving and vaulting
|South East Region Fun Day 2011
What does RDA do?
Although RDA was set up to work mainly
with people with physical disabilities, RDA Groups now work across the spectrum of disabilities, age range, social status
and urban and rural environments. The focus of our work is to ensure that each individual has the chance to derive
a direct therapeutic benefit and the opportunity to achieve their personal goal (whether that be learning a very simple skill
or winning a major competition).
|Click here to view a short video about RDA
What are the benefits?
RDA gives individuals the opportunity to:
· Reach therapeutic goals: improve muscle tone and posture, develop fine and gross motor movement
· Achieve their personal ambitions: sit on a horse for the first time, learn new skills, win a Paralympic medal
· Combat social isolation: build relationships, enjoy events and competition, develop self-confidence
· Develop life skills: improve communication, take responsibility, be a team player
· Experience the outdoors: ride
in the countryside, access rural Britain
· Connect with
animals: bringing positivity and optimism, adding
a new element to life